Survey for Wives of Men with High Functioning Autism
Women are invited to participate in a study that will be evaluating the process of maintaining a NT/AS marriage that thrives, conducted by Claribel Severson, MA, NCC, LPCC, a doctoral candidate at Capella University, Minneapolis, MN Harold Abel School of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Who is eligible?
Participants must meet the following criteria:
• Married at least 5 years to a man diagnosed with High Functioning Autism (Asperger Syndrome
• Be between the ages of 30-65 years old
• In a self-described stable and thriving marriage
• Husband should be considered high-functioning they should be working or in a career and engaged in the marriage in a satisfactory manner as described by the wife
• Husband must have a formal diagnosis by a therapist or professional
• The couple must be adept at managing conflict within the marriage (may not report high conflict or domestic abuse)
• If you are experiencing depression, anxiety, ADHD or have an autism spectrum disorder
• A Personality Disorder diagnosis such as Borderline Personality Disorder, Histrionic, Antisocial, or any other personality disorder not listed here
• Women in abusive relationships or victims of domestic violence
• Women in past or existing domestic violence
• Women with suicidal ideation in the past or present
• Substance abuse disorders
• The husband should not have co-occurring diagnosis such as bipolar, schizophrenia, addictions to substances or any other diagnosis (mild anxiety, mild OCD, mild and well controlled ADHD but must be well controlled).
• Husbands who have experienced major depression within 5 years