Registration and Packets
To register and participate in AuSM Summer Camps:
- You must be a current member of the Autism Society of Minnesota.
- You must fulfill all camp registration and payment deadlines.
NOTE: Convenience fees will be charged per payment by credit card. To avoid the credit card convenience fee, you can pay by check. Checks can be mailed or brought in to AuSM’s office at 2380 Wycliff St. #102, St. Paul, MN 55114.
ALL 2020 SESSIONS OF HAND IN HAND, DISCOVERY, AND WAHODE ARE FULL. NO ADDITIONAL REGISTRATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
- Your waiver MAY cover all or part of the camp cost. Please check with your individual fiscal agent/case worker to determine coverage.
- You are responsible for payment if your Third Party Payer does not cover the cost of camp.
- All payments must be made by the deadline or your camper will forfeit his/her camp assignment, unless arrangements have been made with the AuSM Camp office.
DEADLINES AND POLICIES
Please register for AuSM summer camp online. To be eligible for camp registration, you must be a current member of AuSM at the time of registration and during selected camp attendance dates. You can join AuSM as a member when you register for camp. Your registration and non-refundable deposit must be received at the AuSM office according to the following guidelines:
- Camp session registrations are limited, and camps will fill.
- Must be a current AuSM member at the time of registration. Membership dues must be paid in full through the selected camp dates.
- Registration will be open until camps are full. Registrations received after camps are full will be added to a wait list.
- You must be registered for an AuSM Camp in order to apply for a scholarship.
- A deposit of $200 for residential camps must accompany your registration.
- A deposit of $100 for day camps must accompany your registration.
- Convenience fees will be charged per payment by credit card.
- AuSM is not responsible for lost or delayed mail, e-mail, or faxes.
- Packets for campers assigned to AuSM Camps are due May 8, 2020.
- Camper medical physical forms are due (for residential camps only) May 8, 2020.
- Day camp health/medication forms are due May 8, 2020.
- All residential campers must have their prescription medication prepackaged by a pharmacy or medication packaging service. Packaging at home is NOT an option. Certain exceptions exist (e.g. liquid, as needed/PRN, etc.). More details will be included after registration is complete. Please contact the Director of Camp Programs at 651.647.1083 ext. 16 with questions or concerns.
- Payment in full for all camps is due May 8, 2020.
- All deadlines must be met to participate in AuSM Camps.
- AuSM reserves the right to assign campers to a camp that best matches the camper’s needs. If the appropriate camp is full, the camper will be placed on the wait list for an opening. If no opening is available, the deposit will be refunded. If you have questions about which camp best suits your camper, please contact AuSM at 651.647.1083 ext. 16.
- AuSM reserves the right to limit the number of sessions in which campers can participate in order to maximize the number of participants in AuSM summer camp programs.
- Camp directors will approve Camp Discovery camper packets before registration in Camp Discovery is considered complete.
2020 CAMP DEADLINES
|Residential Camps||Day Camps|
(deposit & completed registration form)
Jan. 27 until camps are full
|Jan. 27 until camps are full|
(Non-Refundable upon receipt)
|Camper Packet Deadline||My 8, 2020||May 8, 2020|
|Camper Physical Form
(Camper Physical Form must be complete and dated within 12 months* prior to the start date of camp. If physical form and payment are not received at AuSM by deadline, the camper may forfeit camp assignment.) NOTE: *Some camp materials may note physical requirements being within 24 months; the correct period is 12 months for the 2020 camp season.
|May 8, 2020||Not required (though health forms must be completed by May 8, 2020)|
|FULL Payment Due||May 8, 2020||May 8, 2020|
- If a camp is cancelled due to insufficient numbers of campers, all camp fees and registration deposit will be refunded.
- If the camper cancels more than 30 days before the start of camp, all camp fees will be refunded, less the registration deposit.
- If the camper cancels 30 days or less before the start of camp, neither camp fees nor registration deposit will be refunded.
- If parent/guardian/camper chooses to leave camp or not attend camp on own volition as of the camp start date, neither camp fees nor registration deposit will be refunded.