Summer Recreation 2022
AuSM will offer two sessions of morning and afternoon recreation programs that will meet in person at a variety of community venues once per week for five weeks. Programming will engage participants in nature activities, museum and zoo visits, and other activities to foster learning, friendships, and fun. AuSM’s summer recreation sessions offer low-stress, accepting environments that promote learning and growth while celebrating neurodiversity.
AuSM programs are conducive to youth and adults who fall within the wide range of the autism spectrum. Programs are staffed at a 1:4 staff-to-participant ratio. If an individual requires more support than 1:4 staffing provides, the individual may bring a Direct Support Professional (DSP). The DSP will be responsible for supporting the individual with communication, behavior, and daily living skills. Call 651.647.1083 ext. 26 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Summer Recreation Session 1
- June 15, 2022 (Note: this event is postponed due to weather, new date TBD): MN Streetcar Museum, 2330 West 42nd St., MPLS, MN, 55410
- June 22, 2022: Bakken Museum, 3537 Zenith Ave S., MPLS, MN 55416
- June 29, 2022: Como Zoo, 1225 Estabrook Dr., St Paul, MN 55103
- July 6, 2022: Silverwood Park, 2500 County Road E, St Anthony, MN 55421
- July 13, 2022: Bell Museum, 2088 Larpenteur Ave W. St Paul, MN 55113
Morning 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m., Ages 12-17 THIS SESSION IS FULL. To be put on a waitlist, please contact Maura McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Afternoon 1-3:30 p.m., Ages 16-24 THIS SESSION IS FULL. To be put on a waitlist, please contact Maura McDonald at email@example.com.
Summer Recreation Session 2
- July 20, 2022: Wood Lake Nature Center, 6710 Lake Shore Dr. S., Richfield, MN 55423
- July 27, 2022: Walker Art Center, 725 Vineland Pl., MPLS, MN 55403
- Aug. 3, 2022: MN Transportation Museum, 193 Pennsylvania Ave, St Paul, MN 55130
- Aug. 10, 2022: Pavek Museum, 3517 Raleigh Ave, St Louis Park, MN 55416
- Aug. 17, 2022: MN Zoo, 13000 Zoo Blvd, Apple Valley, MN 55124
Morning 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m., Ages 16-24 THIS SESSION IS FULL. To be put on a waitlist, please contact Maura McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Afternoon 1-3:30 p.m., Ages 12-17 THIS SESSION IS FULL. To be put on a waitlist, please contact Maura McDonald at email@example.com.
Cost Per Session
Youth and Young Adult Summer Recreation Session Notes
- In order to make these programs accessible to as many community members as possible, individuals may register for only one session from Jan. 31-March 30. On April 1, we will open remaining available spots for multi-session registration. Sessions are limited to 12 participants.
- Locations are subject to change. Admission/activity fees are included in the registration fee.
- Drop off and pick up are at locations indicated on each date.
- Participants will be asked to complete a COVID-19 waiver as part of the registration process, and a personal safety plan will include social distancing, disinfecting, and proper health practices while still engaging participants with instructors and each other.