Events for January 2023
- This event has passed.
On Friday, January 13th, MNeurodivergent will be having our next speed friending event, this time on the Saint Paul side of the metro at the Evolve Workspace in West Saint Paul! Link to location: https://evolveworkplace.com/
For those that have never participated in a Speed Friending event before, it is very similar to Speed Dating, where one group of people sits on one side of a table, and another group of people sits on the other, and they talk to each other for a set amount of time, often 3-5 mins. Once the time is up, the people on one side of the table then get up, move one seat down, and then start talking to the next person on the other side of the table. During the event, you are given a form where you can write down what people you personally felt that you connected with. At the end of the event, an organizer will go over everyone’s forms, and get in contact with each of the participants to tell them who they have matched with. Our Speed Friending though has some very important differences though:
- We do not split the group of people participating by gender. By that I mean men will talk to women, men will talk to men, women will talk to women, non-binary/non-gendered/transgendered people will talk to men, women, other non-binary/non-gendered/transgendered people, etc.
- Everyone will talk to everyone, including people on the same side of the table: This will make more sense, and will be explained at the event
- We will provide sheets of paper that will have suggestions of questions to ask the other person: We know how hard it can be to find things to talk about with other people. We hope to help you with this
- You will not be limited to match with only a few people, and you will not rank your matches: Our goal is not to only find you one person to match with as a friend. We want to match you with as many people as possible
A few other event details:
- Parking: There is a decent sized parking lot here with ample parking
- Transit: This business is a 7 min walk away from the Robert Street South and Wentworth Ave Bus Stop
- Food and Drink: We will be providing snacks and drinks. We may also provide a light meal, like pizza.
- Event Sign Up: Please use this form to officially sign up for this event. It will save us a lot of time if you do before, but it will be available to fill out: https://forms.gle/8Ad5nwoV3XUVJWdQ8