Kids Sensory-Friendly COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
Saturday, Dec. 18, 2021 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Autism Society of Minnesota, Multicultural Autism Action Network (MAAN), and Spero Academy are partnering with Hennepin Healthcare to offer a sensory-friendly COVID-19 vaccine clinic for kids and families on Saturday, Dec. 18 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Spero Academy in Minneapolis.
The clinic will include private vaccine areas as well as other accommodations to make your child’s vaccine experience go as smoothly as possible. First vaccines will be available for family members as well as boosters for those who qualify. You must provide proof of vaccine and meet requirements in order to receive a booster.
Though this is called a “kids clinic,” we are here to serve all with autism and sensory sensitivities; all ages are welcome. The second vaccine clinic will be held on Jan. 8. More information about the January clinic will be available soon.
2701 California St. N.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Kids Sensory-Friendly Vaccine Clinic At-A-Glance
- Pfizer vaccines available to everyone ages 5+
- Pfizer boosters are available to anyone 18+ who finished their primary series at least 6 months ago. You must provide proof of vaccination to be eligible for a booster.
- Clinic will include private vaccine areas as well as other accommodations to make your child’s vaccine experience go as smoothly as possible.
- Mask wearing is encouraged.
- The vaccine is FREE. Bring your insurance or Medical Assistance card if you have one.
- Somali, Oromo, and Spanish interpreters will be available.
Kids Sensory-Friendly Vaccine Clinic Social Narrative COMING SOON!
Questions about appointments?
Contact Nicole Sebesta at Hennepin Healthcare, Nicole.Sebesta@hcmed.org or call 651.269.7324.
Do you have questions, need accommodations, or require help arranging transportation? Contact us and we will help.
English/Spanish: AuSM at 651.647.1083
Somali: MAAN at 612.703.9936
Oromo: MAAN at 612.382.1418