Emergency Preparedness Study
Do you have a child under the age of 18 who has a disability or chronic health condition?
We are a research team looking to learn more about emergency preparedness for families who have children with disabilities or health conditions. We would like to learn about families’ experiences with emergencies such as floods, severe storms, house fires, COVID-19, or extended power outages, and how you prepare for such emergencies. Based on what we learn from you, we plan to develop a booklet and videos for nurses, occupational therapists, and social workers so that they are better prepared to help families prepare for emergencies.
By participating in this research study, you can help us learn about the best ways to support families who have children with disabilities or health conditions to prepare for emergencies.
Your participation in the study will include:
● A 30- to 60-minute interview via Zoom or telephone
● Describing the everyday routines of your child
● Sharing your family’s experience with preparing for emergencies
● Telling us what you think is important for nurses, occupational therapists, and social workers to know when helping families like yours to prepare for emergencies
To be eligible for the study, you need to:
● Have a child under the age of 18 with a disability or chronic health condition
● Live in Minnesota
You will receive a $40 Amazon e-gift card for your participation in this study
Contact our team at email@example.com for more information.