Events for January 2023
- This event has passed.
Autism Direct Support Certification – Winter Session
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until January 28, 2023
This program is designed for professionals and caregivers who work with or support individuals with autism and want to provide better service and care. Individuals on the spectrum also are welcome and encouraged to attend for increased self-understanding and to share their unique perspectives.
- Identify how people with autism think.
- Understand how differences in thinking lead to differences in behavior.
- Understand how different tools/interventions address the strengths and challenges of ASD.
- Identify tools to support clients and loved ones in different situations.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Job coaches
- Support staff
- Personal Care Attendants (PCAs)
- EIDBI Tier 3 providers
- Educational aides
- Direct support personnel
- Group home staff
- Day training and habilitation professionals
- Anyone who works directly with individuals with autism
- Individuals with autism
Each session is limited to 15 participants. Licensed professionals may submit documentation from the AuSM Autism Direct Support Certification Program to licensing boards for Continuing Education Unit (CEU) consideration (up to 15 hours).
Winter 2023 Session
Saturdays 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:00-4:00 p.m. (9 a.m.-12 p.m. only on Jan. 28)
Jan. 14, 21, 28