Autistic Community Summit
Sept. 18, 2021 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Autistic Community Summit 2021
The form is now open to apply to present a breakout session at the 2021 Summit. Click here to fill out the application form. If you would like to see a Word Document version of the form, click here. Note that you must submit the online form to be considered. AuSM will provide a $50 honorarium plus a free Summit registration for all 2021 Autistic Community Summit breakout session speakers.
Applications are due July 2, 2021. Applicants will be notified on whether or not their application is accepted for presentation by July 31, 2021.
Suggested topics include:
- Literature and arts from autistics
- Navigating and self-directing support services
- Managing interactions with medical providers
- How to write a waiver
- Meaningful inclusion, especially for those with higher support needs
- Hiring and training staff
- Person centered planning across the lifespan
- Autism and mental health
- Autistic pride/self-acceptance
- Autism and intersectionality, including race, age, gender, sexuality, etc.
- Shutdowns and meltdowns
- Emotion regulation
- Managing medical interactions
All topics relevant to autistics are welcome.
For more information, please contact Zephyr James, AuSM’s Community Engagement Specialist, at 651.647.1083 ext. 23 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. James is also available to discuss potential topics, support applicants as they fill out the form, and provide feedback.