April is Autism Acceptance Month
With a national prevalence rate of 1 in 44 and Minnesota’s prevalence rate of 1 in 36, autism is the fastest growing disability. Everyone knows someone who is touched by autism.
For 50 years, the Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM) has been committed to enhancing the lives of individuals and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder. AuSM serves Minnesotans, throughout their lives, with a fundamental commitment to advocacy, education, support, collaboration, and community building. Every dollar raised for AuSM directly benefits the Minnesota autism community through programs and services tailored to the needs of families, individuals, educators, professionals and beyond. AuSM is a 501(c)(3) organization, and donations are tax-deductible.
What can you do?
April is National Autism Acceptance Month, a special opportunity to show your support for the autism community. AuSM invites you to partner with us in April to increase autism acceptance.
Partners participate in one or more of the following activities starting in April and continuing for as long as desired. Participation can include:
- Share an AuSM Autism Acceptance Graphic: Post the graphic in social media, on your website, in your e-mail signature.
- Collect donations for AuSM: Encourage your customers to donate in support of the local autism community. Host an employee “wear jeans day” that includes a donation to AuSM.
- Get Social: Show your support by sharing information about AuSM on your Facebook and Twitter pages. “Like” www.facebook.com/AuSM.org and follow @AutismMN on Twitter and @AuSMMN on Instagram.
- Offer a Special Product or Service to Support Autism Acceptance: Create a special giveaway – cookies, beverages, item for sale – that represents autism acceptance, with proceeds going to support the Minnesota autism community.
- Round Up for Autism: Give customers the opportunity to “round up” their purchases to the next dollar to support the Minnesota autism community.
- Create Your Own Plan
Thank you, 2022 Autism Acceptance Month Partners!
- Allegra Downtown St. Paul
- Autism Advocacy & Law Center, LLC
- Best Care
- Butler Square
- Love From Minnesota: Featured signage with QR code in each of their 6 MN stores. Customers can scan the QR code to send a digital MN postcard. For each postcard, Love From Minnesota will donate $1.
- Minnesota Independence College & Community
- Reach for Resources
- St. David’s Center for Child & Family Development
- Today’s Autistic Moment: 50% of sales of fidget spinners will go to AuSM