April is Autism Acceptance Month
With a national prevalence rate of 1 in 54 and Minnesota’s prevalence rate of 1 in 44, autism is the fastest growing disability. Everyone knows someone who is touched by autism.
For 50 years, the Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM) has been committed to enhancing the lives of individuals and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder. AuSM serves Minnesotans, throughout their lives, with a fundamental commitment to advocacy, education, support, collaboration, and community building. Every dollar raised for AuSM directly benefits the Minnesota autism community through programs and services tailored to the needs of families, individuals, educators, professionals and beyond. AuSM is a 501(c)(3) organization, and donations are tax-deductible.
What can you do?
April is National Autism Acceptance Month, a special opportunity to show your support for the autism community. AuSM invites you to partner with us in April to increase autism acceptance.
Partners participate in one or more of the following activities starting in April and continuing for as long as desired. Participation can include:
- Share an AuSM Autism Acceptance Graphic: Post the graphic in social media, on your website, in your e-mail signature.
- Collect donations for AuSM: Encourage your customers to donate in support of the local autism community. Host an employee “wear jeans day” that includes a donation to AuSM.
- Get Social: Show your support by sharing information about AuSM on your Facebook and Twitter pages. “Like” www.facebook.com/AuSM.org and follow @AutismMN on Twitter and @AuSMMN on Instagram.
- Offer a Special Product or Service to Support Autism Acceptance: Create a special giveaway – cookies, beverages, item for sale – that represents autism acceptance, with proceeds going to support the Minnesota autism community.
- Round Up for Autism: Give customers the opportunity to “round up” their purchases to the next dollar to support the Minnesota autism community.
- Create Your Own Plan
Thank you, 2021 Autism Acceptance Month 2021 Partners!
- Allegra Downtown St. Paul
- The Arc Minnesota
- Autism Advocacy & Law Center, LLC
- Best Care
- Better than Donating (5% of April sales will be donated to AuSM; donate an item on behalf of AuSM and 60% of the profit will be donated to AuSM. Details HERE.)
- Children’s Theatre Company
- Dána Yoga
- The Edge Nutrition Club (Offering special “KAPOW” shake and “SUPER TEA” on April 2 and 3. Details HERE.)
- GT Independence
- Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office
- Minnesota Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (MNCCD)
- Minnesota First Community Solutions
- Minnesota First Provider Alliance
- Minnesota Independence College & Community
- North Star Irish Dance
- Occupational Development Center
- Robert Wagner, LLC
- Saegerville Cedar (Donating 10% of the proceeds on orders placed or delivered in April. Details HERE.)
- Scents with Sherri (Donating 100% of profit from Crystal Ice Warmer purchases made HERE.)
- Shriners Healthcare for Children – Twin Cities
- St. David’s Center for Child & Family Development
- Today’s Autistic Moment (Donating 15% of sales to AuSM for T-shirt purchases made HERE.)