AuSM’s Autism Direct Support Certification program is designed for professionals and caregivers who work with or support individuals with autism and want to provide better service and care. Individuals on the spectrum also are welcome and encouraged to attend for increased self-understanding and to share their unique perspectives.
- Identify how people with autism think.
- Understand how differences in thinking lead to differences in behavior.
- Understand how different tools/interventions address the strengths and challenges of ASD.
- Identify tools to support clients and loved ones in different situations.
Who Should Participate?
- Job Coaches
- Support Staff
- Personal Care Attendants (PCAs)
- EIDBI Tier 3 Providers
- Educational Aides
- Direct Support Personnel
- Group Home Staff
- Day Training and Habilitation Professionals
- Anyone Who Works Directly with Individuals with Autism
- Individuals with Autism
Each session is limited to 15 participants. Licensed professionals may submit documentation from the AuSM Autism Direct Support Certification Program to licensing boards for Continuing Education Unit (CEU) consideration (up to 15 hours).
VIRTUAL during the pandemic
Cost Per Session
$260 per person. A group discount is available for 3 or more participants from the same organization. Contact AuSM at 651.647.1083 ext. 26 to register a group of 3 or more participants for the same session.
Winter 2021 Session – FULL
Saturdays from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Jan. 16, 23, 30, 2021
Spring 2021 Session
Mondays from 6-9 p.m.
March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2021
AuSM Autism Direct Support Certification On Location
AuSM ASD Certification Training also is available for groups at your specified location or via Zoom. Contact AuSM’s education team for more information.