Join the Autistic Community Summit Committee
The role of the Autistic Community Summit Committee is to support AuSM staff in putting on the Autistic Community Summit, while also providing feedback from the perspective of a community member. This event is by autistics, for autistics, and the committee serves as the connection between AuSM staff and our autistic community. Committee members are expected to commit to the following:
- Attending one to two committee meetings per month from March through July, with the possibility that this will increase to weekly meetings in August and September.
- Attend the Autistic Community Summit on September 17, 2022.
- Select one or more roles from the list below and complete the tasks associated with that role.
- Suggesting and recruiting speakers
- Sharing the event with your circles to bring in new attendees
- Leading interactive sessions
- Creating materials like the speaker application form, policies and procedures, or marketing materials
- Providing feedback on accessibility for the event
- Recommending ways to make the event more accessible and welcoming to diverse audiences
- Participating in selecting speakers
- Recommending new activities or elements to add to the event
- Researching new ways or places to market the event
- Helping to find and apply to grants
- Providing recommendations or suggestions on a venue
- Suggest your own role!
- More information and guidance will be provided at the first meeting. If you change your mind after selecting a role, you can switch to something else or drop from the committee.
The committee will be headed by Zephyr James. If you have any questions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interest form is now closed. Thank you to all who submitted!