Join the Autistic Community Summit Committee
WE’RE LOOKING FOR COMMITTEE MEMBERS!
The Autistic Community Summit Committee is a group of community members who volunteer their time to make the Autistic Community Summit run. The 2024 Autistic Community Summit will take place in November. The venue is yet to be determined.
The role of the Autistic Community Summit Committee is to support AuSM staff in putting on the Autistic Community Summit, while also providing feedback from the perspective of a community member. This event is by autistics, for autistics, and the committee serves as the connection between AuSM staff and our autistic community. Committee members are expected to commit to the following:
- Attending one committee meeting per month from March through July 2024, with an increase to two meetings per month from August through November, 2024. There is the possibility that more meetings will be added in October and November if necessary.
- Help with one or more of the following roles:
- Suggesting and recruiting speakers
- Sharing the event with your circles to bring in new attendees
- Leading interactive sessions
- Creating materials like the speaker application form, policies and procedures, or marketing materials
- Providing feedback on accessibility for the event
- Recommending ways to make the event more accessible and welcoming to diverse audiences
- Participating in selecting speakers
- Recommending new activities or elements to add to the event
- Researching new ways or places to market the event
- Providing recommendations or suggestions on a venue
- Determining the schedule, activities and other details of the event
- Communicating with and supporting speakers
- Organizing handouts and materials
- More information and guidance will be provided at the first meeting.
The committee will be headed by Zephyr James. If you have any questions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in being a part of the committee, click below to fill out the interest form. This form will remain open through Feb. 29, 2024. We will meet on Wednesday, March 13 at 10 a.m. via Zoom for an informational and welcome session. Filling out this form isn’t binding: you can decide after the meeting if you want to be on the committee.